Southern Cross Motel Group Terms and Conditions
Reservation and Check-In:
- Reservations must be confirmed with a valid credit card or one night deposit.
- Standard check in time is from 2:00pm. Early check-in may be available upon request and subject to availability.
- You must be 18 years of age or over to book accommodation and register as the primary guest to stay at any of our motels.
- To eliminate booking fraud, the guest may be requested to produce photo identification to ensure their identity matches the guest named in the reservation.
- Please advise reception if checking in after 6:00pm so alternative arrangements can be made for you to gain access to your room.
Minimum Night Stay:
- As determined by Southern Cross Motel Group, a minimum length of stay may apply during special event periods at which time unique terms and conditions will also apply.
Payment and Pricing:
- Room rates are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Full payment is required upon check-in. We gladly accept major credit cards, including Visa and Mastercard. Please note that a surcharge of 2% will be applied to payments made with American Express and a surcharge of 4% will be applied to payments made with Diners Club. There is no surcharge associated with paying via EFTPOS.
- A flexible 24-hour cancellation/amendment and no-show policy on all rooms and rates. Failure to notify reception of your non-arrival or amendment by 2:00pm (local time) the day before your expected arrival date, will incur the full cost of the first night’s accommodation.
- Guests who have booked through a travel agency or third-party website must contact these companies directly to make any cancellation or changes to their reservation.
- Room rates are based on one or two people in the room. Maximum occupancy is subject to the room type and existing bedding.
- Requests for a sofa bed or rollaway is an additional $15.00 subject to room capacity and availability.
- Family’s travelling with multiple children will be required to book a suitable room type that will cater for the number of guests staying, without exceeding the maximum capacity of the chosen room type.
Amenities and Services:
- Complimentary onsite parking
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary toiletries
- Complimentary bottled water
- Baby cots and highchairs are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed
- Check out time is prior to 10:00am.
- A late departure may be requested and is subject to the discretion of the Property Manager and room availability. There may be an additional charge for extended late departures and day use.
- Guests must return their key/card at check out. Lost or unreturned key cards will incur a replacement fee.
Damages and Liability:
- Guests are responsible for any damages to the room or motel property.
- The motel is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- We do our best to ensure your booking arrangements are satisfactory, however, Southern Cross Motel Group does not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any events which are beyond our control, including, but not limited to, war, civil disturbance, terrorism, fire, floods, acts of God, acts of Government or any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment, maintenance requirements or industrial action.
Smoking Policy and Service Fee:
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in all of our motel rooms and indoor areas. We are committed to providing a clean and comfortable environment for all our guests. In the event that a guest violates this no-smoking policy, a smoking service fee of $300 will be applied to their account.
- The smoking service fee is non-negotiable and is intended to cover the cost of cleaning and deodorizing the room, as well as potential loss of revenue due to the room being temporarily unavailable for other guests.
- Guests are responsible for any damages, including burn marks and lingering odours resulting from smoking in the room. Additional charges may apply to cover repair or replacement costs.
- Smoking in designated outdoor areas is permitted.
- We appreciate your cooperation in maintaining a smoke free environment. By making a reservation with us, you acknowledge and agree to comply with our no smoking policy and the associated service fee for non-compliance.
Quiet Hours and Behaviour:
- Please be mindful of noise and disruptions from 10:00pm to 7:00am in consideration of fellow guests.
- Inappropriate or disruptive behaviour may result in an eviction without a refund.
Housekeeping and Maintenance:
- Housekeeping services are provided daily unless an alternate arrangement such as a longer stay has been negotiated.
- Please report any maintenance or cleanliness issues to the Property Manager.
Complaints and Disputes:
- If you have any issues or concerns, please contact the Property Manager immediately for resolution.
Lost and Found:
- If you believe you have left behind an item, please contact us. We will make efforts to return lost items to their owners.
Termination of Stay:
- The motel reserves the right to terminate the stay of any guest for violations of our policies.
- The following Southern Cross Motel Group motels are dog friendly: Coffee House Apartment Motel in Rockhampton, The Stirling Motel in Rockhampton, Takalvan Motel in Bundaberg and Blue Shades Motel in Maryborough. (There is a $30.00 surcharge per day.)
- Having an unauthorised animal in the room of a motel that is not pet friendly is considered a breach of Terms and Conditions, and you will be asked to leave or remove the animal. (Service Dogs are exempt.)
- Service Dogs (Guide, Assistance or Hearing Dogs) are permitted and must have a medallion on their collar with the registration number. The owner must also carry a laminated pass (with the owner and dog’s name). Service Dogs are required to be harnessed in public areas. Please advise ahead of time if you will be travelling with a Service Dog.
- Our motels include complimentary car parking onsite at all locations. Car parking is strictly subject to availability and cannot be pre-arranged or reserved, as it is on a first-come, first-served basis for our guests.
- You agree to park at your own risk. Southern Cross Motel Group does not accept any responsibility for damages or loss to your property or property belonging to someone else.
- Street parking, when available, is regularly patrolled by the local authorities. We accept no responsibility if you choose to park off-site.
- We recommend that all travellers obtain travel insurance against cancellation or amendment fees, as well as providing sufficient medical cover.
- By staying at our motels, you agree for us to add you to our e-newsletter list to receive news, updates and special offers from us from time to time. If you would like to opt-out of this, please let us know and we will remove you.
Feedback Forms & Reviews
- Your opinions matter to us and we strive to continuously improve our services. Upon check out, you will have the option to provide feedback through our paper-based forms or an online review. We appreciate your insights and suggestions to help us enhance your future stays and those of our other valued guests.
Social Media Engagement
- We encourage our guests to connect with us on our social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. By following and engaging with our profiles, you can stay updated on special offers, promotions and local recommendations. Feel free to share your experiences with us and other travellers.
Outback Caravan Park & Cabins
Download the terms and conditions for the Outback Caravan Park and Cabins